Your decision to sell your home may be the result of a long anticipated event or due to a sudden change in circumstances. In either case, there are steps you can take to enhance the appeal and marketability of your home. Consider these factors before setting your price:
Choose a real estate agent
- Does the agent offer a marketing plan?
- Is the agent familiar with your neighborhood?
- Invite the agent to make suggestions to improve your home's appeal
Select a destination
- Are there homes available where you want to go?
- Will you consider temporary housing to bridge moving date gaps?
Address the financial issues
- Will a sale have tax implications?
- What is your buying power for a replacement home?
- Diligently record your repairs and improvements
Look at your home through a buyer's eyes
- Is it clean and uncluttered?
- Do systems operate properly?
- Has maintenance been deferred?
Understand the competition
- Your agent will gladly provide comparative data for your area
- Consider touring the competition with your agent
- Price your home realistically
Set the stage for buyers
- Enhance curb appeal
- Make your home inviting
- Don't set unnecessary showing restrictions
Give peace of mind to buyers
- Consider the ERA Home Protection Plan
- Provide any warranties, records, manuals pertaining to your home
Get peace of mind for yourself
- Consider optional ERA® Seller's Security Plan a guaranteed sale, a guaranteed price for qualified homes. SSP gives us a listing edge over the competition.
For more information on any of these topics, check out the helpful guides in this section or e-mail us at email@example.com.